CFP IFTR Working Group Performance and Consciousness
07 December, 2016 by Daniel Meyer-Dinkgrafe | 0 comments
The Performance and Consciousness Working Group invites paper proposals from new and existing members for the 2017 IFTR conference in São Paulo, Brazil, 10-14 July
The Performance and Consciousness Working Group invites paper proposals from new and existing members for the 2017 IFTR conference in São Paulo, Brazil, 10-14 July.
The purpose of the group is to explore consciousness, as defined by disciplines ranging from neuroscience and cognitive studies to philosophy and psychology, and applying it to any aspect of theatre, performance, literature, music, fine arts, and multi-media. Proposals may address, but are not limited to the following:
• The relationship between science and the role of consciousness in performance
• The role consciousness plays in spectatorship
• Actor training and consciousness
• Phenomenology and performance
• The relationship between spirituality and consciousness in theatre and performance
• How consciousness can be understood in the context of literature, fine arts, and music
• How consciousness functions relative to “liveness”
• Examining consciousness relative to the mind/body continuum
• Exploring consciousness in memory formation and its relevance therein for theatre and performance
Please submit abstracts through the conference website, which contains detailed instructions: http://www.iftr.org/conference. Make sure that you indicate that you are submitting to the Performance and Consciousness Working Group. Please also send a copy of your abstract to the Working Group convener via email: Dr. Peter Zazzali (firstname.lastname@example.org) The deadline for submission of abstracts is 31 January 2017.