Call for Proposals - The Ever-expanding Horizons of Theatre
09 April, 2021 | 0 comments
Theatre Faculty of Janacek Academy of Performing Arts in Brno is pleased to invite you to the Theatre Conference JAMU. This year's topic is The Ever-expanding Horizons of Theatre.
The conference will be held on 25 - 27 November 2021 in Brno, Czech Republic.
This year we would like to examine the ever-expanding and changing horizons of theatre as well as theatre research. In 2020, the idea of theatre outside the designated theatre building is nothing new, yet the academic viewpoint tends to focus on the purely dramaturgical and directional matters of such projects. Being an academy of performing arts, we would like to examine this phenomenon not only from the perspective of the changing thematic focus, but also from the view of theatre management, light and sound technology, or stage design. During our conference, we would like to bridge theatre practitioners and academics and offer a think tank, where everyone can share their opinion on the theatre horizons. We invite doctoral students as well as experienced theatre-makers.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Theatre outside theatre buildings – challenges of its staging (especially light design, scenography, theatre management, local laws etc.)
- Staging “the classics” in the year 2020/2021 – possibilities of deconstruction
- Theatre installation between visual and performative art
- Immersive and site-specific theatre – the shift and change in both theory and practice
- Theatre in the time of climate crisis – reusing and recycling stage
- Theatre and landscape
- Theatre in the digital era (video art, theatre in VR and AR, etc.)
- Theatre and precariat, theatre as a social experiment
- The performative features of sport, politics, and everyday life
Theatre professionals, enthusiasts, researchers, teachers, as well as students and recent alumni from the fields of theatre direction, dramaturgy, management, and education, as well as scenography, radio and television dramaturgy, screen-writing, and other related areas, are welcomed to send their proposals in one of these formats:
- Paper presentation (20 min)
- Work demonstration (up to 60 min)
- Performative lecture (20 min)
- Poster presentation (5 min)
Roundtable discussion should be a regular part of every conference day, with a concluding one closing the conference on Saturday.
Please submit your proposal of no more than 300 words and your brief CV before 15 May 2021. You can find more information on our website: https://www.theatreconferencejamu.cz/