Call for nominations to join the IFTR Executive Committee
14 August, 2020
Call for Nominations
The Executive Committee wishes to elect
6 ordinary members
1 student member
A ballot will be held to elect members to serve from 2021-2025. The electoral timetable is as follows:
15 July to 14 August 2020: nomination period
15 August to 14 September 2020: operational interval
15 September to 14 October 2018: voting period
Under the terms of the Constitution (Article V):
- Candidates for election to the Executive Committee must be members of the Federation.
- Nominations can be made by ten members of the Federation or by the Executive Committee.
- Nominations for the Student member can be made by ten Student members or by the Executive Committee.
- Excluding the President, Vice-Presidents and Student Member, there can be no more than two elected members of the Executive Committee from any single country (defined through working affiliation).
- Nominees must declare in writing that they are willing to stand as candidates.
- The names of all candidates that have been regularly presented shall be published and submitted for election.
- The new members of the Committee will take up office at the second Executive Committee after the results of the election have been declared. This will be in Galway in July 2021.
Following our constitution, IFTR will currently not be able to accept further nominations of candidates with a British affiliation. This rule does not apply to the student member. For elected members, commitment to the Executive Committee includes full attendance at meetings and in-year subcommittee roles and duties.
Due to the cancellation of the 2020 conference in Galway, IFTR proposes two options for nomination, either you
1) complete the nomination form with the names and digital signatures of 10 IFTR members, or you
2) ask 10 IFTR members to send a mail to the Secretary General (Admin) by stating “Nomination to 2020 IFTR Elections, [name of the candidate] for [position: ordinary member/student member]” in the subject line of your mail
In both cases complete nominations should be returned to the Secretary General (Admin.), Professor Meike Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 14 August 2020 at the latest.
Nominations received after that date will not be accepted.
Election Committee: Meike Wagner, Elaine Aston, Chris Collins