CIJIET - 2nd International Conference for Young Researchers on Theatre Studies
01 June, 2017 by Isabel Guerrero | 0 comments
2nd International Conference for Young Researchers on Theatre Studies (CIJIET) will take place from 25 to 27 October 2017 at the Universidad de Murcia (Spain). Dealine for proposals: 23 June.
The 2nd International Conference of Young Researchers on Theatre Studies (in Spanish Congreso Internacional de Jóvenes Investigadores en Estudios Teatrales, CIJIET) will be held on 25, 26 and 27 October 2017 at the Universidad de Murcia (Spain). After the fruitful first edition of the conference last year, this new edition pursues to establish CIJIET as a referent for new researchers on the field of theatre studies. Apart from the plenary sessions by consolidated researchers and papers by new ones, this new edition includes a call for panels in order to examine specific issues in more depth. In the attempt to bring research and practice together, the programme will also feature activities such as performances or Open Mic sessions. After the first edition, it is now time to start CIJIET’s second act. Welcome to this new performance.
The conference welcomes papers and thematic panels on the following topics:
- Dramatic Texts: critical studies on translations, adaptations, dramaturgy, or any aspect related to the textual component of theatre.
- Theatre and Cultural Studies: studies related to anthropology, sociology, pedagogy, historiography and theatre reception, as well as those on queer theatre, theatre and feminism or theatre and post-colonialism, among others.
- Performing Practices and Stage Forms: studies on acting or directing, history of performance, performance as research, theatre architecture, music, and other elements of the mise-en-scène.
- Theatre and performance: studies related to the blur of boundaries between theatre, performance and other disciplines.
- Comparative theatre: comparative studies bringing together different aspects from the topics above (i.e. adaptation of the dramatic text for performance, different productions of the same title, contextual analysis...).
The conference welcomes proposals for 20-minute papers. Please send an abstract (300 words max. in doc. or docx.) to firstname.lastname@example.org until 23 June 2017. The proposal should include the following information:
- Name and surname
- Institutional affiliation, email and telephone
- Full title of your paper, abstract and 4 key words
- 250-300-word abstract and 4 key words
- Short bionote (max. 200 words)
Panels will have 3-4 participants, including the convenor. The convenor will be in charge of selecting the participants and sending the proposal to the organising committee. The purpose of the panels is to promote an in-depth reflection on specific issues on theatre studies. The convenor will decide the topic, participants and format of the panel (round table or individual presentations, followed by questions by the audience). Panels will last for 60 minutes, including the round of questions. The convenor should send the proposal to email@example.com until 23 June 2017. Please include the following information:
- Title and short proposal about the relevance of the panel (300 words max., doc.or docx.)
- Name and surname of all the participants(convenor included)
- Institutional affiliation, email and telephone of all the participants
- Short bionote of all the participants (max. 200 words)
- Title and short abstract of all the individual contributions (300 words max.)
- Please include all the information in the same file
The conference welcomes papers and panels both in English and Spanish. To be considered a ‘young researcher,’ participants should be graduate students or post-doctoral researchers whose PhDs have been completed in the last five years. Acceptance will be notified before 31 July 2017.
Registration fee (delegates): 55 Euros. Registration fee (attendants): 20 Euros. Registration: 1 August – 31 September 2017.