Call for Applications: 5 Doctoral Positions at LMU Munich
22 August, 2017 by Chris Collins | 0 comments
MIMESIS, Munich Doctoral Program for Literature and the Arts at LMU Munich, funded by the Elite Network of Bavaria offers 5 doctoral positions (E13 TV-L, 66%) starting April 2018.
Online applications will be accepted from 1 September to 20 October 2017.
The positions will be granted for two years (renewable for one more year).
The International Doctoral Program (IDP) MIMESIS is dedicated to innovative doctoral research in the fields of literature and the arts, with special emphasis on historical, theoretical and transdisciplinary perspectives. It will enable cooperation between research projects in literature, theatre, performance, music, film studies, architecture, aesthetics and the visual arts, offering both a forum and a framework in which interests drawn from any one of these areas enter into a dialogue with other areas in the wider spectrum of creative engagements.
Its research program is framed by the term mimesis, a key concept throughout the history of the arts, right up to the most recent developments in critical and cultural theory. MIMESIS offers a structured program of doctoral study combining seminars, workshops, lecture series and master classes. In addition internships with leading cultural institutions and at partner universities will be integrated into the study program.
Further information can be obtained at: www.mimesis-doc.lmu.de
· Applicants should hold an excellent/above average master’s degree or equivalent in literature, art history, musicology, theatre, film and media studies or related subjects.
· The outline of the research project should make an explicit connection to the research profile of the program (i.e. mimesis).
· Applicants should be prepared to take up residence in Munich.
· German and English are the favoured working languages in the International Doctoral Program. Proficiency in both languages is required.
Before proceeding with the submission of your application please prepare the following documents in English or German:
- outline of dissertation project (max. 4000 words)
- work plan and time schedule for the completion of the research project
- curriculum vitae
- sample of academic work (e.g. a chapter of a Master’s thesis, max. 7000 words)
- copies of all academic degrees acquired, university transcripts (certificates in languages other than German, English, Spanish, French or Italian require a certified English or German translation)
- two academic references (preferably university professors)
- cover letter, giving the reasons for applying
All applications to be submitted online within the application period.
The online application portal will open on 1 September and close on 20 October 2017. A link that leads to the portal will be published at www.mimesis-doc.lmu.de on 1 September.