Executive Committee Elections, 2016
20 June, 2016 by Jan Clarke | 0 comments
Notice of Election and Call for Nominations
The following members of the Executive Committee reach the end of their term of office in 2017. They are Awo Asiedu, Bishnupriya Dutt *, Milena Grass *, Hayato Kosuge*, Daria Kubiak** (Student Member), Peter Marx*.
(*) = eligible to stand for re-election
(**) = eligible to stand for re-election as ordinary member
The Executive Committee wishes to elect 6 ordinary members plus 1 student member.
A ballot will be held to elect members to serve from 2017-2021. The electoral timetable is as follows:
- 19 June to 19 July 2016: nomination period
- 20 July to 20 August 2016: operational interval
- 21 August to 21 September 2016: voting period
During the recent conference in Stockholm the following nominations were received.
Elected Members: Awo Asiedu (Ghana), David A. Donkor (USA), Bishnupriya Dutt (India), Milena Grass (Chile), Hayato Kosuge (Japan), Nic Leonhardt (Germany), Peter Marx (Germany), Kim Skjoldager-Nielson (Sweden), Gadda Kumara Swamy (India)
Student Member: Diana Del Monte (Italy).
FURTHER NOMINATIONS ARE NOW INVITED
Under the terms of the Constitution (Article V):
- Candidates for election to the Executive Committee must be members of the Federation.
- Nominations can be made by ten members of the Federation or by the Executive Committee.
- Nominations for the Student member can be made by ten Student members or by the Executive Committee.
- Excluding the President, Vice-Presidents and Student Member, there can be no more than two elected members of the Executive Committee from any single country.
- Nominees must declare in writing that they are willing to stand as candidates.
- The names of all candidates that have been regularly presented shall be published and submitted for election.
- The new members of the Committee will take up office at the second Executive Committee after the results of the election have been declared. This will be in São Paulo in July 2017.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SINCE THERE ARE ALREADY TWO UK MEMBERS SERVING ON THE COMMITTEE, NO FURTHER UK CANDIDATES WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO STAND IN 2016.
Nomination forms can be obtained from the Secretary General (Administration), Professor Jan Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the completed forms should be returned to her by 19 July 2016 at the latest. Nominations received after that date will not be accepted.
Election Committee: Jan Clarke, Jean Graham-Jones, Paul Murphy