Asian Theatre Working Group Call for Papers
25 December, 2016 by Yasushi Nagata | 0 comments
Asian Theatre Working Group call for papers IFTR Conference at University of Sao Paulo 10-14 July, 2017, ‘Unstable Geographies, Multiple Theatricalities’.
Asian Theatre Working Group will be meeting at the IFTR Conference in Sao Paulo, 10-14 July 2017. In connecting to the Conference theme, ‘Unstable Geographies, Multiple Theatricalities’, we would like to invite all members to submit papers on any aspect of Asian Theatre Geographies and Theatricalities.
When researching Asian theatre and its theatricalities in the history or today, we should consider the entire geography of Asia. National borders in Asia have constantly been moved in the history and undetermined borders remain problematic even today. Exercising our geographical imagination about Asia helps us to profoundly understand Asian theatre and its theatricalities. The imagination should encourage geographical changes as if borders were temporarily suspended, instead of the current situation where the location of countries is inviolable and they are connected by an immobilized border. As there would be various topics of Asian theatre geographies to be mobilized or unstable, we expect any topics on these geographical concerns of Asian Theatres and Performances as well as Asian Theatricalities.
- Asian Theatre Geography and Place
- Interaction Geographies, Politics and Cultures in Asian Theatres
- Asian Theatres and Performances beyond geographical borders
- Asian Theatre in exile, immigration, crossing borders
- Spatialities of Asian theatre and performances: shifts and displacements
- Territorialization and De-territorialization of Asian Theatres
- Political borders or Cultural borders in/with Asian Theatres
- Asian Networked performances in any cities, regions and countries
- Inter or Intra- Asian Theatres and Performances in non-Asian cities
- Conflict and Accommodation on geographical problems on/by Asian performances
- Transformation of Geographies of Asian Theatres
- Not limited to these conference theme
Besides the above, we are accepting papers on other themes and topics connected with any Asian Theatre and Performances. For more information of our WG’s research areas please visit our page of IFTR website and our own website.
To present papers, send abstract max. 300 words via the Cambridge University Press website, http://journals.cambridge.org, by 31 January 2017. The accepted presenters will write papers no more than 4000 words. The papers will be circulated to all members and participants before the conference. The finalized papers must be submitted by 20 June 2017, directly to conveners, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note you have to be a member of the IFTR in order to submit abstracts. Please don’t hesitate to ask me.
Yasushi Nagata, email@example.com