University of Cape Town - SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Drama, Theatre and Performance
06 June, 2014
Built on a proud tradition of excellence, The University of Cape Town’s Drama Department is committed to nurturing creative and academic achievement within the context of a vibrant local and international performing arts community. We are seeking a dynamic individual to continue this tradition of excellence.
- A PhD or MA in Drama or Masters Qualification in a cognate field.
- A proven track record in teaching Acting (especially to senior undergraduate students) and also Directing to both post- and undergraduate students.
- A proven track record of directing both professional and student theatre productions.
- A proven track record in lecturing academic aspects of Drama, Theatre and Performance to both post- and undergraduate students.
- Proficiency in exploring aspects of lectures through Group Practicals.
- A significant record of research which may include creative works and/or published articles.
The following are advantageous:
- Demonstrate leadership and administrative abilities within the context of a tertiary institution.
- An ability to teach in at least Voice, Movement or Acting for Camera.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Plan, implement, coordinate and teach Practical Acting courses at senior undergraduate level.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and lecture academic and practical aspects of Drama, Theatre and Performance across all 4 undergraduate years.
- Supervise postgraduate studies as appropriate to their expertise.
- Direct student Theatre Productions.
- Continue to add to their Creative Work Profile and/ or demonstrate research into Drama, Theatre and Performance, both written and practical.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits is R 595 903 (Senior Lecturer) or R 703 161 (Associate Professor).
Appointment will take place at the appropriate level in alignment with the Faculty’s criteria for promotion.
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form (HR201) and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, with the subject line “SL/AP Drama” followed by the reference number to Ms. Lily Nombombo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Staff Recruitment and Selection, University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, 7700, South Africa.
Telephone: +27 21 650 5084 Departmental website: www.drama.uct.ac.za
The application form can be downloaded at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc. An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Reference number: SR041/14 Closing date: 14 July 2014
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.