University of Cape Town - LECTURER Drama, Theatre and Performance
06 June, 2014
Built on a proud tradition of excellence, The University of Cape Town’s Drama Department is committed to nurturing creative and academic achievement within the context of a vibrant local and international performing arts community. We are seeking a dynamic individual to continue this tradition of excellence.
- A PhD or MA in Drama or Masters Qualification in a cognate field. (In the case of an MA, the candidate will commit to pursuing PhD studies.)
- A proven track record in lecturing academic aspects of Drama, Theatre and Performance to both post- and undergraduate students.
- Proficiency in exploring aspects of lectures through Group Practicals. A capability to tutor in at least one of these aspects; Acting, Voice, Movement, or Theatre-making.
An ability to either direct, design theatre, or applied theatre projects is advantageous.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Plan, implement, coordinate and lecture academic and practical aspects of Drama, Theatre and Performance across all 4 undergraduate years, but especially the 1st year.
- Coordinate, plan and teach on Academic Development Programmes.
- Supervise postgraduate studies as appropriate to their expertise.
- Tutor Acting, Voice, Movement or Theatre -making as appropriate.
- Present sustained Research into Drama, Theatre and Performance, both written and practical.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits is R 484 656.
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form (HR201) and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, with the subject line “Lecturer: Drama” followed by the reference number to Ms. Lily Nombombo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Staff Recruitment and Selection, University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, 7700, South Africa.
Telephone: +27 21 650 5084 Faculty/Departmental website: www.drama.uct.ac.za
The application form can be downloaded at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc. An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Reference number: SR042/14 Closing date: 14 July 2014
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.